About Me

Sunnyside, NY, United States
I'm a superhero in training. I'm also my own comic relief.

June 13, 2007

Crime pays around $13

So it is about 10:00 pm and I am walking back to my attic apartment from Burger King when I walk past a bunch of teenagers (five of them I think) dressed rather gangstaly, two of them holding sticks. Immediately afterwards they turn around and start following me, asking me to give them money. Then they surround me, and one of them shows me his gun and says something to the effect that they are to be taken seriously. I ponder the situation for a moment, and then say something to the effect of "If you want the money that badly..." and pull out my wallet and give one of them all the cash in it (one 5 and seven to nine 1's.) One of them snatches my wallet from my hand, so I snatch it back because there is no way I'm letting them have my check card. The one with the gun holds it against the back of my head. I can feel my heart pounding and I realize I just might die. Then one of them seems to get a bit of common sense and calls the others off, telling me to just go. I of course do

Suddenly I'm not so keen on living in New Jersey anymore.

Though that was probably the worst day of my entire life, I realize I have a lot to be thankful for: I didn't die or get injured, I didn't kill or injure the kids that robbed me, I managed to get away without losing my wallet and all the important things inside of it, and now I have a very good reason not to go out to eat late at night. I mean who knows, this traumatic experience might end up saving me money in the long run.

Not terribly proud of it, but I do really hope those punks reap what they sew. Maybe lung cancer at 19 or something.

3 comments:

christinesfakeblog said...

Holy crap, Anthony!! I'm glad you're okay!

Sir Bulldis said...

Yeah, me too.

Unknown said...

To quote another blogger: "Holy crap, Anthony!! I'm glad you're okay!"

Seriously. Wow! I'm going to call you today, cause I missed you on Tuesday.