About Me

Sunnyside, NY, United States
I'm a superhero in training. I'm also my own comic relief.

June 20, 2007

In New York they're called Growth Groups

You know, as apposed to Small Groups. Yesterday was my first one, as part of my becomming more intertwined with The Journey. I was partially terrified, believing that I would be the only stranger among a bunch of people and it would be very awkward for me, but the reality was quite different.

The first thing was that very few people showed up for the first meeting. Five, to be exact. I can remember three of their names (but in all fairness one them is me). The second thing is that out of the five people who showed up, only one was a veteran. The rest of us had only started going to the Journey within the last month. Third, instead of awkwardness I managed to get quite a few laughs with my humorous...ness. One guy described my humor as comparable to The Simpsons, and then quickly clarified that he meant the older, better stuff. The new crap I occasionally see is, well, crap.

Of course I was the youngest, but that seems to be a regular thing for me. Someday, though, I shall be the old man! Mwa.

No comments: