About Me

Sunnyside, NY, United States
I'm a superhero in training. I'm also my own comic relief.

November 22, 2006

Iron Heroes

For those who do not know it, I am an avid fan of tabletop roleplaying. For those who don't know what that is, basically I like Dungeons & Dragons and play it whenever possible. So two days ago I get a book I ordered in the mail called Iron Heroes. It is like Dungeons & Dragons (same basic ruleset), but it focuses very heavily on the combative side of roleplaying and very little on the magical side or the conversational side. Like any good video game, the primary purpose is to kill monsters and megalomaniac villains and take the treasure that they have somehow gathered in their lives.

Last night I actually ran a game, and I would like to think that it went pretty well. The berserker tended to steal the show, but that is what happens when you speak softly and carry a big stick (and use it on gnolls, evil dryads, and the zombies that were formed from the bodies of said evil dryads). I like to think that I am pretty decent at this, and hopefully I'll have a chance to do it again some day.

No comments: